The warm weather in the North West will raise the pollen count and increase the suffering for many with hay fever.
- try and stay inside, particularly in the early evening with the windows closed if you are suffering badly.
- Take your prescribed hay fever medication regularly.
- If you don’t have any prescribed medicines, see your chemist in the first instance for advice.
- Don’t use Piriton, but rather one of the newer longer-acting antihistamines such as loratidine, cetirizine, desloratidine or fexofenadine.
- You can take more than one dose of these antihistamines each day if needed.
- If coming in from outside, wash your face and hands and change your clothes.
- See our information leaflet on the Resources page for more information.
- If you are still suffering despite this advice, seek help from your GP.