Having an allergy may mean you have to consider certain factors when choosing where to go. What to think about:
- Does your travel insurance covers your allergies?
- Holiday destination: being in remote places may mean it is more difficult to access medical help. How far is the nearest medical facility?
- What type of activities you will be doing?
WHAT TO PACK
Ask your doctor about what documentation is required as proof when taking medication into your hand luggage.
- Make sure you take your antihistamines; and if you have been given one, your auto-injector (AAI). Get your doctor to complete a covering letter (click here) so you can show it to the staff at the baggage check-in.
- Do you need a translation card?